Please electronically sign for these policies on our CLIENT QUESTIONAIRRE.
This agreement must be signed and submitted before any session can begin.
Your session fee includes:
• Pre-portrait consultation to bring forth ideas and input to ensure a successful session.
• Up to 2 hours of coverage on your session date.
• Post session image preparation.
• In-Person Viewing Appointment.
Your session fee does NOT include any prints or digital products.
Mary Charlotte Lewis is an artist and as such requests that the work she creates be allowed into art exhibits, displayed in her studio, print competitions and other places that her work is featured regularly. The work is always showcased in the best possible way and will never compromise or jeopardize the photographer's hard earned reputation. Confidentiality in advertising is always maintained.
I agree that I have read this portrait agreement and agree to comply with all policies and information included. I agree to sign this document via electronic signature and that by signing electronically, it serves as my actual hand-written signature on a legal document. I also agree that the photographer may use any images created during my commissioned session for display, advertisements, exhibits, sale or trade or other use as deemed appropriate by Mary Charlotte. I agree these images can be used without any additional compensation to me.
Studio Policies, Terms, and Liability Release:
• The session fee pays for the time and talent of the photographer and for your in person viewing appointment. It does not include any finished portraits. The session fee is due at the time of your portrait session. Session fees are non-refundable, however with 48 hours notice it can be rescheduled in case of an emergency.
• If you have a sick child on the day of the session please call to reschedule. If you try to keep the appointment, we will most likely request that you reschedule if we notice your child is sick. Sick or uncomfortable children do not like to be photographed and we know that you will not love your portraits nearly as much as if he or she was in good health.
• If you have or are having a boy, please DO NOT CIRCUMCISE your child before your session. We will be swaddling your baby tightly while he is naked, and moving him from one position to another constantly during the session. This is very painful for a child who has just been circumcised. We will NOT photograph a newborn who has been circumcised less than 6 days prior to the session.
• Please bring only the subjects to be photographed to the session. This is especially important with pets and kids, as Mary Charlotte will need their full attention on her rather than looking at other members of the family. Of course parents are always welcome. At this time we do not offer photography of newborns with pets.
• Personal cameras are not allowed in studio during your session. Please refrain from taking iPhone images or video taping. We work very hard to ensure your session is captured artistically and creatively. We ask that you respect our livelihood and refrain from taking photographs of what we are creating.
• You agree to hold harmless TwinLens LLC, Brian Lewis LLC (dba Brian Lewis Photography and Mary Charlotte - Newborn Portraiture), its' representatives and employees from any dispute in the event you or your family become injured during your session or while on the studio premises. TwinLens LLC, Brian Lewis LLC (dba Brian Lewis Photography and Mary Charlotte - Newborn Portraiture) and its' representatives will not be held liable for any injury to you, your children or your family members, or for any damage to your property during the photo session or while on studio premises.
• You will view your portraits at a personally attended slideshow. You will be asked to order at this time. Please make sure all decision makers are present, as additional ordering appointments incur a $100 fee. Once your order is placed in-person, your ordered digital images will be uploaded to an online print lab where you may print products from your files. Printing with them will ensure professional quality and correct color. Images will be hosted here for a period of one year. Anyone whom you choose to share the gallery with be able to purchase prints and products directly from the lab. We cannot control access and only give authorized access to the client who made the purchase.
• Almost all Mary Charlotte's clients invest in digital files. With a “Create Your Own Collection” purchase, you will be able to take your files home the day of your ordering appointment. Due to the downloadable nature of this content, once files are removed from the studio the sale is final and non-refundable.
• Clients who cannot make a decision about products or images during their viewing appointment may schedule an additional ordering appointment for a $100 fee. We do not offer online galleries until an order is made through an ordering appointment and that order is paid in full. Digital files cannot be released outside the studio until full payment is made.
• While Mary Charlotte does capture many images during your session, you will see only those images selected by her, the artist, for previewing.
• Due to the custom nature of the work, payment for your order must be paid in full and is subject to a 50% cancellation fee should you change your mind about an order after it is placed. Once an order is sent to the lab or digital files are submitted to the client either by CD, USB, electronic transfer or email, the order is deemed non-refundable. Payments may be made cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Payment plan is available.
• Please allow 4 weeks for your order to be completed. Some orders may take longer. Your portraits are an investment and an heirloom that should not be rushed. You will be notified by telephone or e-mail when your order is ready for pickup. If you are unable to pick up your order, we can ship your order to you for an additional charge.
• Mary Charlotte offers the option to purchase digital negatives either through her A La Carte products, or through Create Your Own Collection for your own personal use. When you invest in digital files, you are buying “permission” to copy and print the digital negatives as much as you like. They are for personal use only and and may not be used for ANY commercial purpose. This includes advertising, contests or mass publication (facebook and other social media outlets are considered personal use as long as they are posted under your personal account). The Copyright Act protects photographers by giving us the exclusive right to reproduce your photographs. Violations include, but are not limited to, making illegal copies, scanning, printing from home or downloading from our website. It is illegal to copy or reproduce these photographs in any manner without our permission and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties. Please understand, the photographer wishes to maintain complete control over the print quality, finishes and presentation of the images and any reproduction outside of the studio may lower the quality of the image and scar our reputation for providing superior portraits.
I have read and received a copy of your portrait agreement, studio policies, model release, and liability release. I agree to sign this legal document electronically through the Mary Charlotte - Newborn Portraiture CLIENT QUESTIONAIRRE.